The Philosophy Department at King’s College London is seeking an outstanding philosopher with research expertise and teaching experience in ethics or epistemology, broadly construed. Research specialization, competence and ability to teach at all levels and supervise postgraduate students in one of those areas are required.
Research, teaching expertise or competence in areas that will help widen or consolidate our curriculum are desirable. These areas include, but are not limited to, non-Western philosophy, logic, and philosophical issues concerning race and gender.
King’s Philosophy Department is one of the largest and most distinguished departments in the UK. We have particular research strengths in the history of philosophy, philosophy of mind and psychology, philosophy of language and logic, metaphysics, epistemology and philosophy of science, and moral and political philosophy.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract. This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent.
- To undertake research for publication and to contribute to the research culture of the Department and the advancement of the discipline
- To contribute to the teaching at BA and MA levels of Philosophy, as directed by the Head of Department in the candidate’s areas of expertise and competence
- To supervise BA, MA and Postgraduate students in Philosophy in the candidate’s areas of expertise and competence
- To participate in setting and marking assessment, to attend Examiners’ meetings, and to complete student reports and assessment forms for undergraduate and postgraduate students as required
- To act as personal tutor, providing pastoral care to assigned tutees
- To carry out administrative duties assigned by the Head of Department
For job details and information on how to apply visit https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/025928/Lectureship-in-Ethics-or-Epistemology